Hilliard Mayor's Court

Criminal And DUI / OVI Cases In The Hilliard Mayor’s Court

This page provides you with valuable information about criminal offenses and DUI/OVI offenses in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court. Before you appear at your first hearing, and before you hire a lawyer for a case in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court, reviewing the information on this page and in this website will aid you in educating yourself about the offenses you’re charged with, the penalties, the defenses, the court system, and hiring an attorney.

Court Contact Information

Address: 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, OH 43026
Phone: (614) 334-2348
Website: Hilliard Mayor's Court

Cases Heard In The Mayor’s Court Of Hilliard, Ohio

The Mayor’s Court hears DUI / OVI cases (first offenses only) and misdemeanor criminal cases when the alleged conduct occurred in the city of Hilliard, Ohio. Common types of offenses in this court include:

  • DUI / OVI
  • Vehicular homicide / vehicular assault
  • Underage drinking
  • Misdemeanor drug offenses
Court Personnel In Hilliard, Ohio

For the Hilliard Mayor’s Court, the judicial officer is a magistrate. Most often, the magistrate is attorney Mark Weaver, and there are other local attorneys and retired judges that fill-in as magistrates as well. The prosecuting attorneys are from the law firm of Peterson Conners. If a case is transferred from the Hilliard Mayor’s Court to the Franklin County Municipal Court the prosecutor in the Municipal Court is Kelleen Roth.

Additional Information About The Court

The Mayor’s Court is located in the Joint Safety Services Building at 5171 Northwest Parkway in Hilliard, Ohio. When you arrive for court, you should sign-in at the front desk and be seated in the hearing room. Hearings are held every Wednesday at 8:00 am, and court personnel is available before hearings beginning at 7:30 am. If, for some reason, you are not available on the day of your hearing, you may request a continuance of the hearing, but the request must be made in person during normal business hours of the Clerk of Court. If you are represented by an attorney, the attorney should make the request for you, and attorneys can file documents by fax.

Transferring Your Case To The Franklin County Municipal Court

Because the Hilliard Mayor’s Court is not a ‘court of record’, you have the right to transfer your case. You also have the right to appeal the decision in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court. If you appeal, the case starts over in a Municipal Court. If you transfer the case or file an appeal, your case will be moved to the Franklin County Municipal Court. Transferring a case is a strategic decision that should be discussed with a lawyer.

Representation For Clients In The Hilliard Mayor’s Court

Our practice is focused on DUI / OVI defense and criminal defense, and we regularly represent clients in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court. For more information about us, please see our profile, and for more details about the practice, please see the firm overview. You can also see what clients say and review our past case results. We limit the number of cases we accept so we can provide personal service to our clients. Based on our service and expertise, our fees are somewhat high. If you would like to discuss how we can help with your case in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court, EMAIL or call us at 614-717-1177 to arrange a free consultation.

"Shawn is a wonderful person and an elite attorney. Being represented by him gives you complete peace of mind knowing you are in good hands, with..." M.A.
"Shawn Dominy quickly displayed his expertise in defending OVI cases at a level that made me immediately comfortable in my decision to..." K.G.
"I was looking at a Physical control OVI charge. License suspension, 3 day class, all that. Shawn got it reduced to persistent disorderly conduct. I paid a fine, saw..." Y.E.