Grove City Mayor's Court

Criminal Cases And DUI / OVI Cases In The Grove City Mayor’s Court
The Dominy Law Firm is a firm of criminal defense lawyers representing clients in the Grove City Mayor's Court for criminal offenses and DUI / OVI offenses.  This page contains information on the mayor’s court in Grove City. Before you have your first hearing for a DUI / OVI or criminal offense, reviewing the information on this page and throughout this website can help you. The more you know about the court you will be attending, and the more you know about your particular case, the better off you will be.  It is also beneficial to know more about criminal defense lawyers before hiring an attorney.

Court Contact Information
Address:  3360 Park Street, Grove City, OH, 43123
Phone:  614-277-1715
WebsiteGrove City Mayor’s Court

Types of Cases Heard In The Grove City Mayor’s Court
All misdemeanor offenses which occur within the city limits of Grove City may go through the Grove City Mayor’s Court.  The Grove City Police Department files most of the cases there, but cases may also be filed by other law enforcement agencies. The court hears many types of misdemeanor cases, including: 

•    Assault
•    Domestic Violence
•    DUI / OVI
•    Drug crimes
•    Shoplifting
•    Underage Drinking

The Court Process
Your first hearing in the Grove City Mayor’s Court is an arraignment.  At the arraignment, you should check-in with the Clerk of Court office and be seated in the courtroom until your name is called.  When your name is called, you will be asked to enter a plea.  Your plea choices are Guilty, No Contest, and Not Guilty.  If you plead No Contest or Guilty, you will likely be sentenced immediately.  If you plead Not Guilty, your case will be scheduled for a pretrial hearing.  At the pretrial hearing, you have the opportunity to negotiate a plea agreement with the prosecuting attorney.  If an agreement is not reached, your case will be scheduled for a trial.  At the trial, evidence is introduced, and the magistrate decides if the evidence proves your guilt.  If guilt is proven, the magistrate announces your sentence.  If you intend to plead Not Guilty and challenge the accusation against you, it is a good idea to consult with a lawyer.

Transferring Your Case and the Appeal Process
If you are sentenced and are not satisfied with the outcome of the case in the he Grove City Mayor’s Court, you can appeal the case to the Franklin County Municipal Court.  You also have the option of transferring the case to the Municipal Court before being sentenced because they Mayor’s Court is not a court of record, and you have the right to have your case heard in a court of record.  This is something you may want to discuss with an attorney first so you can make an informed decision about appealing or transferring the case.

Getting the Right Help For Your Case
When you are facing a criminal charge of a DUI/OVI charge, you will benefit from the help of a qualified criminal defense attorney.  The attorneys at the Dominy Law Firm are highly qualified, the focus of our practice is DUI / OVI defense and criminal defense, and we have represented many clients in the Grove City Mayor’s Court.

You can find out more information about our firm on the About Us page, and you can learn more about our attorneys on the Attorney Profiles page. You can also see what clients have to say about us and review our past case results. We know just how important your case is to you, and that’s why we limit the number of cases we accept, so we can give your case the full attention you deserve. If you are ready to get more information on how we can assist you with your case in the Grove City Mayor’s Court, you can submit a CONTACT FORM or call us at 614-717-1177 to schedule a free phone consultation.

"Shawn is a wonderful person and an elite attorney. Being represented by him gives you complete peace of mind knowing you are in good hands, with..." M.A.
"Shawn Dominy quickly displayed his expertise in defending OVI cases at a level that made me immediately comfortable in my decision to..." K.G.
"I was looking at a Physical control OVI charge. License suspension, 3 day class, all that. Shawn got it reduced to persistent disorderly conduct. I paid a fine, saw..." Y.E.