Grandview Heights Mayor's Court

Criminal And DUI / OVI Cases In The Grandview Heights Mayor's Court

It’s always best to have as much information as possible about your situation before you get to court. If you have a case scheduled in the Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court, looking over the content on this page and throughout this website will give you an idea of what to expect there. In addition to learning about the court, it’s also a good idea to learn more about lawyers before hiring an attorney to represent you, particularly in a DUI / OVI case.

How To Contact The Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

Address: 1016 Grandview Avenue, Grandview Heights, OH 43212
Phone: 614-481-6205
Website: Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

Misdemeanor Cases In Grandview Heights, Ohio

The court hears misdemeanor cases that occur within the city limits of Grandview Heights. Some of the common types of cases often heard in the court include:

  • DUI / OVI
  • Vehicular Homicide & Assault

A misdemeanor conviction can result in a number of different penalties. Depending on the nature and level of the offense, the punishment could include a fine of up to $1,000, jail time up to six months, probation up to five years and a license suspension up to three years.

Judges And Prosecutors At The Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

The Mayor of Grandview Heights is technically in charge of the Mayor's Court. However, mayors often appoint a magistrate to preside over mayor’s court, and in Grandview the magistrate is usually Matthew P. Cincione. The prosecutor, David F. Beck, represents the city and prosecutes the misdemeanor criminal cases.

Case Process

The court convenes every second and fourth Tuesday at City Hall beginning at 1:00 PM. It is important to know and follow the rules of the court. If you would like the help of someone who knows court rules, you may want to consult with an attorney who has experience in this court.

There is a certain process to misdemeanor cases, and you determine where in that process your case will be resolved. Sometimes, you may simply be able to pay a ticket without having to appear in court. Other times, you must appear at the arraignment, which is the first court appearance. You may satisfactorily resolved your case at that stage, or you may choose to have a pretrial hearing. If you cannot reach an acceptable agreement, the case may proceed to a trial.

Transferring Your Case

In Ohio, you have the right to transfer your case from a mayor’s court to a court of record if you believe it is in your best interest. If you receive a conviction in the mayor’s court, you have the right to appeal the conviction. If you transfer or appeal, the case goes to the Franklin County Municipal Court. Before you make decisions about transferring or appealing your case, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney to see if doing so really is in your best interest.

Working With An Attorney

Whether you have been to court before or not, going to court can be a scary proposition. For most people in most cases, going to court without an attorney is not a good idea. Going to court with an unqualified attorney is not much better. You need to make sure you have an qualified attorney working on your side who can help you understand all the details about the law, the court, and your case.

You can research our qualifications for DUI / OVI defense and criminal defense in our profile, as well as the firm overview. You can also review our past case results and read what clients say about our representation. We've helped other clients in the Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court, and we can help you. Our fees are relatively high, but the initial phone consultation is free. If you would like to schedule a free phone consultation, you can EMAIL or call us at 614-717-1177.

"Shawn is a wonderful person and an elite attorney. Being represented by him gives you complete peace of mind knowing you are in good hands, with..." M.A.
"Shawn Dominy quickly displayed his expertise in defending OVI cases at a level that made me immediately comfortable in my decision to..." K.G.
"I was looking at a Physical control OVI charge. License suspension, 3 day class, all that. Shawn got it reduced to persistent disorderly conduct. I paid a fine, saw..." Y.E.